Games at White Knobs Park
It’s been a long time since we’ve been able to run our Friday youth clubs as we used to! Since March last year, FC has continued to run online, but we can now meet in person!
Government guidance allows youth groups to meet indoors and outdoors, subject to social distancing and other Covid-19 safety measures, so we will be organising games and activities at White Knobs Park on 14 and 21 May, weather permitting. After the May half-term holiday we hope to resume indoor groups at our church premises in Beechwood Road, but we’ll confirm that nearer the time.
Look out for FC leaders in our red CBC tops!
Please note the following arrangements in place to mitigate Covid risk:
- On arrival we will be taking a temperature check on each child, using an infrared thermometer. Any child presenting with a temperature of 38 degrees centigrade or above will not be allowed to stay, so please wait for the all clear before leaving them.
- The children must remain socially distant from others during the evening, and they will not be allowed to share or touch each other's belongings or possessions. We will explain this to the group on arrival, but it would be helpful if you could ensure your child is aware before.
- The games and activities on the evening will also be socially distant (but they will still be fun!).
- There are no toilet or handwashing facilities at White Knobs Park. We will be providing hand sanitiser on arrival and departure, and would suggest your child goes to the toilet before you leave home.
- If during the evening your child becomes unwell, we will contact you and request you collect them. If you have changed your contact details recently, please ensure you provide us with the new details as soon as possible.
- At the end of the evening, please could you wait in your car until the appropriate time. We will reunite the children with you one by one to maintain social distancing.
We will be watching the weather forecast during the week, and will let you know if there is a risk of it being called off. Feel free to contact us if you’re unsure.
This will be a new experience for all of us, but we are sure the children will have a fun evening, and we look forward to the time when ‘normal’ arrangements can continue!